Monday, May 09, 2005

The Weekend

The weekend started on a bit disappointing news. The company's first quarter results were announced and they were disappointing.The sales are up by a decent margin but the profits have taken a big hit. The bitter news is that the company have decided to go for restructuring and there wud be reduction global workforce by approximately 1,400 employees, which will be accomplished by a combination of position reduction and attrition. This is something arnd 17 percent of people.The share price has also nosedived. I can see the anxiety and fear of unknown in eyes of my colleagues here.The future seems a bit uncertain.Meanwhile I have done my bit to help company achieve its target of downsizing by resigning a few dayz in advance... :)

There was nothing to do on saturday.I just slept in the afternoon and decide to just laze around in the evening.On sunday it was TIME workshop and I was invited on the stage to share my experiences with 'wannabe manager' aspirants.The feeling was pretty strange and nostalgic. A year earlier i was sitting with the aspirants listening to all those 'god' like people who had made big,wondering whether i wud also get a chance to hog the limelight. Anyways the 'stage show' was followed by a hearty treat by these TIME guys at Pragati Maidan. The meet gave me a chance to meet all my frnds who had prepared alongside me and hv now secured admissions in various B-Schools. It was nice to see the smiling faces all around and sharing all kind of jokes n experiences.


amit

1 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so saturday was lazy day and sunday was Time Party, thats Cool...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home